Human Resources - HR Business Partner
Human Resources Manager with Patch Rubber Company
We are a diversified rubber manufacturer with over 50 years of experience compounding and manufacturing tire repair and retreading products, industrial rubber products, and permanent and traffic marking tapes. We are seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. The HR Manager is to act as the business partner for the plant site and segment leadership. Ensure equitable and fair treatment for all team members. Provide quality customer service in staffing, benefits and compensation, and employee relations activities. Serve as the advocate for management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
What will our HR Manager do?
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
- Perform weekly payroll activities to include, wage increases, pay adjustments, payroll reports and all functions surrounding the payroll function
- Perform employee relations duties, including typical employee matters, investigations, interpretation of policies and procedures, and administering disciplinary procedures
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation, fostering positive attitude toward organizational objectives. Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select qualified applicants
- Assist with succession planning activities
- Represent organization at HR related hearings and investigations
- Keeps records of insurance coverage and personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations
- Writes separation notices for employees separating with cause, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Oversees record-keeping and maintains data for governmental reporting purposes
- Gets involved in community interaction as is part of the Myers Industries values set for the NC location
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field
- At least three years related experience and training
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Manufacturing plant experience a must, business level experience preferred
- Site is Non-Union
We offer a competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life and Disability insurance
Patch Rubber Company manufactures and supplies a comprehensive range of tire and retread products for the automotive, truck, and OTR aftermarket. The company is also a leading manufacturer of calendared and extruded rubber, rubberized fabrics, and rubber adhesives used in agricultural, communications, mining, manufacturing, transportation, and other industries.
Located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, Patch Rubber Company has over 200 employees and operates from a 200,000 sq. ft. climate-controlled complex. Our in-house R&D lab, engineering and design specialists, and production staff are dedicated to continuous improvement in product quality and on-time delivery. Recent certification to ISO 9001 quality standards supports our position for continued growth and our company mission: "Committed to Being the Best at Meeting Customers' Needs."
Learn more about Patch Rubber Company by visiting us at http://www.patchrubber.com
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870, USA