Certified Nursing Assistant
Since 1984, Mosaic Community Services has transformed lives throughout central Maryland. Mosaic is devoted to its mission of enhancing the quality of life and promoting recovery to individuals with mental illness. We are committed to the success of our clients and employees.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for the Baltimore City clinic is responsible to provide assistance to the professional staff, delivering direct care to patients, to maintain patient comfort and safety. The following are general characteristics of this job classification.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Triage patients, including obtaining vital signs.
• Assist nurses and physicians with various patient treatment and care.
• Obtain clinical/medical information from providers outside of Mosaic.
• Notify nurse or physician when patient is ready for treatment.
• Function as both, front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment.
• Verify CRISP and entering appropriate data in the EHR.
• Follow ancillary guidelines as deemed necessary by the Nursing Supervisor.
• Provide positive, warm and friendly customer service in all interactions.
• Foster teamwork and a positive, professional atmosphere.
• Notify the Nurse and/or Physician when patient is ready for treatment while communicating symptoms and relaying questions about labs or medication needs.
• Assist Nurses and Physicians with various forms of patient treatment and care.
• Handle Physician and Nurse requests with respect and in a timely manner.
• Adhere to established policies and procedures;
• Understand and use the electronic medical record system.
• Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
• Perform administrative tasks such as composing of and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
• Operate, use, and maintain medical and office equipment as trained.
• Complete other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
• Prior keyboarding experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of health systems and/or industry trends.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in building positive and productive relationships.
• Customer-focused individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Track record of taking initiative in acquiring new skills and increasing proficiency for personal effectiveness.
• One year of clinical and clerical experience preferred.
Generally work occurs in an office environment with normal temperatures and office working conditions.
Reports to Clinic Administrator
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MosaicServices
Check out the Mosaic videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/MosaicServices
For more information on Mosaic, or for other job opportunities, visit our website at http://www.mosaicinc.org/
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.00
- Required Education Certification
- N Charles St, Baltimore, MD, USA