Service Coordinator and Counselor I
Since 1984, Mosaic Community Services has transformed lives throughout central Maryland. Mosaic is devoted to its mission of enhancing the quality of life and promoting recovery to individuals with mental illness. We are committed to the success of our clients and employees.
For an assigned caseload of clients and under general supervision, provides rehabilitative and case management services with the goal of supporting the client’s successful community integration. Completes an initial assessment, develops with the client an individual rehabilitation plan in conjunction with other providers of services and updates this plan. Completes required record keeping and provides a safe environment according to the policy and procedures.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Design and run designated number of groups/classes. Instruct, assist, and monitor the day-to day program activities and assist clients in meeting program expectations. Focus on symptom management tasks and coping skills. Assist in maintaining good customer relations. Assess and monitor rehabilitation and treatment needs of a caseload of psychiatrically disabled clients.
2. Provide in-home rehabilitation in daily living and social skills.
3. Provide case management services such as securing and monitoring entitlements and linkages of services.
4. Provide crisis intervention as necessary.
5. Develop and write the IRP with the client and Treatment/rehabilitation team.
6. Monitor and document monthly progress and communicates this with the rest of the team.
7. Perform monthly visits to off-site consumers as specified by their treatment plans.
8. Encourage the development of natural supports—i.e. the client’s family.
9. Coordinate with other service providers and agencies involved with the clients.
10. Attend/participate in required staff meetings.
11. Orient new consumers to staff members, visitors, and volunteers of the program. 12. Other assigned duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor Degree in Social Work, psychology, or related discipline, and/or equivalent to in prior work experience.
2. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to establish therapeutic relationships with clients and to communicate and work effectively with residents in accordance with rehabilitation plans.
3. Ability to work alone or in a group.
4. Must possess a valid Maryland Driver’s License and have a current driving record with 3 or fewer points on it at the time of hire. Must possess valid automobile insurance coverage. Work may require the use of your own vehicle.
5. Completion of staff required trainings and certifications.
6. Must possess analytical skills sufficient to handle routine administrative details, such as completing incident reporting, case notes, log notes, medication sheets, monthly progress notes, IRPs, billing sheets and any other related documentation.
7. Ability to utilize a computer, specifically including basic word processing skills, internet skills and email use.
Normal office environment - work involves visiting individual client homes where conditions may vary depending on the circumstances.
Reports to the assigned Program Specialist, Program Coordinator or the Program Director
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MosaicServices
Check out the Mosaic videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/MosaicServices
For more information on Mosaic, or for other job opportunities, visit our website at http://www.mosaicinc.org/
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Timonium, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093, USA