Facilities Maintenance Planner and Project Estimator
Since 1984, Mosaic Community Services has transformed lives throughout central Maryland. Mosaic is devoted to its mission of enhancing the quality of life and promoting recovery to individuals with mental illness. We are committed to the success of our clients and employees.
Maintenance Planner and Project Estimator will report to the Facilities Manager and work directly with the Assistant Facilities Manager to streamline work execution fully utilizing the functionality of CMMS and system data reliability. The position will work independently and interact on a daily basis with team members, Work Control Center Staff and Technicians. The person must have hands on experience in the field and maybe called upon to perform maintenance tasks when needed. Position will be responsible for all aspects of planning to include but not limited to, library development, inventory, and procedures including all documentation related to the tasks to be performed by Technicians. Facilities Maintenance Planner and Project Estimator will produce job plans for all aspects work related to predictive, preventative, routine, and safety in a residential and commercial work environment. Will draft Facilities Capital and Repairs budget annually.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Troubleshooting – including repairs and replacement of security, electrical, mechanical systems.
CMMS System/Data management – • parent and children assets for buildings, equipment, repairs parts. Provides assistance to end users • Provides training and assistance to new requesters and members of CMMS • Compiles accurate CMMS reports based on needs from the agency
Scheduling – predictive, routine and preventative work orders including renovations.
Library – builds/maintains reliable files on assets.
Repairs – provides assistance to all staff and assists with research when required. Projects – planning scheduling and coordinating as needed.
Project Estimation – Will be responsible for estimating jobs, conducting required RFPs, following estimate requirements under HUD, CHODO, and ReCHODO Budget Planning – will be responsible for putting together the Facilities budget annually including Capital budget items and routine maintenance, repairs, PMs, etc. Contracts – As part of planning process and estimates, will put together contracts for current vendors, including housekeeping, renovation/project planning, etc. Will work with Project Manager/Sr Tech position in coordination of contracts and work to be completed.
Fleet Management – will work with Project Manager and Assistant Facilities Manager to coordinate PMs and work on Fleet. Credentials all employees that need to drive company vehicles.
OTHER DUTIES – performs all other direct related job duties as is assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
Able to read, write, speak English, compose letters, and operates computer software and equipment-normally acquired generalized high school education/equivalent or trade school.
• Must have minimum of 8 years or more of direct job related experience.
• Welding, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC or other facility maintenance experience.
• Experience working hand and power tools.
• Experience working with contractors/external resources in equipment installs/maintenance.
• Prefers experience with cranes, tow motors, forklifts, genie booms and able to operate a plow truck/backhoe.
• Apply multi-craft maintenance skills and knowledge of machining/manufacturing equipment/processes.
• Assemble, install, troubleshoot and maintain complex mechanical systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Install and maintain electrical systems/electronics such as transformers, controls, and servo drives.
• Able to read, interpret and modify blueprints, specs, electrical schematics, and ladder logic.
• Uses strong computer, communication, and customer service skills.
• Solid understanding of quality systems and safety procedures.
• Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients, all levels of internal staff, external contacts from the professional community, and outside agencies.
• Candidate must possess a current, valid Driver’s license with a driving record that has 3 or fewer points on it at the time of hire.
• Must be able to obtain Medical Examiner Certificate “MCSA-5876” aka DOT card to drive facilities commercial vehicles (10,000 or more pounds.)
• Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle. Physical Requirements • Candidate must be physically prepared to lift up to fifty pounds, stoop, kneel, lift craw and perform repetitive operations
• Must be able to climb to heights using ladders and lift equipment.
Employee will be exposed to all types of weather, dusty conditions, high noise and chemicals while performing job duties.
Reports to the Facilities Manager
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MosaicServices
Check out the Mosaic videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/MosaicServices
For more information on Mosaic, or for other job opportunities, visit our website at http://www.mosaicinc.org/
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $62,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Catonsville, MD, USA