Since 1984, Mosaic Community Services has transformed lives throughout central Maryland. Mosaic is devoted to its mission of enhancing the quality of life and promoting recovery to individuals with mental illness. We are committed to the success of our clients and employees.
LPN Position will work in both Catonsville and Timonium Clinics
Non-Exempt Position - $22-$25 per hr.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for working with the clinical treatment teams in managing the mental, substance, and physical health of the members.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Perform all the duties related to the management of oral and injectable medications for members.
2. Administer psychiatric injections.
3. Provide patients with daily Suboxone dose and observes patients taking it.
4. Perform duties related to the assessment, coordination, follow-up, tracking and documentation of medical care for members.
5. Provide clinical expertise related to the management of psychiatric and medical crises.
6. Provide assistance to On-Call staff including obtaining needed medications.
7. Provide health education teaching/training to members and staff, including agency staff as needed.
8. Perform all other direct job related duties as is assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Current Maryland license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. At least 2 years experience in health services as an LPN, 1 of which must have been related to the provision of services relevant to mental health nursing and included medical-surgical experience.
3. Knowledge and understanding of medical and psychiatric nursing care practice in the community, especially among underserved populations.
4. Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills.
6. Weekend and evening hours as needed to assist On-Call.
7. Basic computer skills to include knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, and ACCESS.
8. Ability to maintain moderate to heavy physical activity to include walking (including stairs), lifting (charts, medical records), driving, and some outdoor activities. Additionally member contact may dictate assistance with lifting, lowering, or transfer of members to alternate physical positions.
Reports to the Divisional Director and Clinical Program Director.
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MosaicServices
Check out the Mosaic videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/MosaicServices
For more information on Mosaic, or for other job opportunities, visit our website at http://www.mosaicinc.org/
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Certification
- Catonsville, MD, USA
- Timonium, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093, USA