DRILL PRESS OPERATOR
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The objective of this role is to help make MacLean Power Systems’ operations run efficiently. This individual should have the ability to work as a team, make decisions about the parts they are handling, and work closely with their supervisor to ensure the proper handling of parts. Being a friendly, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills is necessary for this role.
- Sets up jigs for drilling and/or tapping aluminium and iron castings, steel forgings, clevis pins, etc.
- Drills and taps holes in aluminium and iron castings
- Submits sample drilled part for approval after checking part with caliper for proper size
- Discards scrap due to observed defects or miss-drilling
- Maintains machines and area in an orderly manner
- Adhere to company Quality Policy and follow appropriate procedures as documented in the training agreement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills and a high level of reliability
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills and a high level of reliabilit
- Must be a self-motivated team player
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pelham, AL, 3098 Pelham Pkwy, Pelham, Alabama, United States of America