This posting is inactive.
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The Accounting Manager will have an active role in the organization’s accounting functions including supervising the accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash application and month end close functions. Will work closely with Controller in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls. The Accounting Manager will have an active role in the organization’s accounting functions including supervising the accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash application and month end close functions. Will work closely with Controller in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
• Establish and maintain internal controls
• Manage all aspects of the general ledger
• Prepare financial statements and reports
• Provide monthly, quarterly and year end analysis
• Assist with the budget process
• Research accounting issues
• Serve as liaison to external and internal auditors
• Directs the work of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash application staff and evaluates their work performance
• Establish timelines for completion of achievable project goals
• Assists the Controller with month end financials and year-end close
• Manage capital appropriation requests and assets accounting
• Follows all Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and guidelines
• Performs other roles assigned and required for this position
• Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
• Must possess excellent organizational, leadership, supervisory, and managerial competence with the ability to work long hours and under deadline pressures
• Comprehensive knowledge of the field’s policies, procedures, and practices
• Able to handle multiple tasks and stay organized
• Backs up the Controller
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Suite with emphasis on Excel
• Leads and directs the work of other employees
• Must be a self-motivated team player
Years Of Experience
Minimum Years of Experience
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.