Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The objective of this role is to allow seamless business practices between MacLean Power Systems as well as internal and external customers. This position receives a large number of shipments on a regular basis, verifying that their contents are correct and that no items are damaged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule inbound shipments including truckload and small packages.
- Direct location material to be off loaded to on the dock or yard.
- Enter in MPS system database receipt of materials
- Note any shortages.
- Follow up for corrected paperwork from buyers.
- Pull copies of past receipts as needed by planners, production or warehouse.
- Fill in as back up gatekeeper as needed.
- Work with quality in advising material is ready for inspection.
- Coordinating material handlers on material ready for put up.
- Coordinate incoming urgent deliveries receipts and notifying the designated person of its arrival.
- Maintain office supply levels and reports any equipment issues.
- Prioritizes shipping tasks including creating a timely and accurate delivery schedule, bills of lading and shipping excel forms required.
- Manage orders by assigning priority to order pullers.
- Input data to analyze and track performance.
- Audit the packing of items and the related paperwork.
- Update supervisor/manager of status of orders.
- Determines cost effective shipping methods and verifies that complete orders have been shipped and received in accordance with USF requirements.
- Follows up on reported claims.
- Maintains inventory of all shipping supplies, including boxes, packing material, tape labels and any special supplies.
- Performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft office to include Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook email.
- Detailed oriented with focus on data entry accuracy.
- Excellent math skills required for converting inches/feet, ounces, etc.
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written needed.
- Team player mentality
- 5S motivated
- Willingness to learn and present material in group meetings internally.
- Possess analytical ability.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and participate in valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in high stress situations.
- Must be detail oriented with multi-tasking abilities.
- Forklift experience preferred but not required. Willingness to be trained/certified to drive Class I or Class II equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to heat, cold, fumes, and smoke
- Constant standing, twisting, turning, handling, and gripping
- Occasionally lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pelham, AL, 3098 Pelham Pkwy, Pelham, Alabama, United States of America