Tool & Die Maker-3rd Shift
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,500 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented, alert, punctual, organized and results-driven professional with extensive tool and die experience.
- Perform duties to construct, alter, repair and calibrate a wide variety of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, and gauges and perform some design and development functions.
- Work from shop orders, product prints, sketches, specifications, handbook formulas and instructions. Will plan and layout work, set up and operate a full range of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, drill presses, grinders, electrical discharge machines (wire EDM and RAM EDM) and similar equipment.
- Perform development work, construct and repair complex tools and dies for punching, stamping or other forming work, jigs, fixtures and instruments with mechanism details requiring fitting and assembly to close tolerances.
- Will select speeds, feeds, and tooling, fitting according to material and contraction of metals, possibilities and limitations of bending and forming.
- Disassemble dies, determine and perform necessary repairs, and reassemble.
- Make tool tryouts, diagnose and correct trouble, advise operating personnel in the use and maintenance of tools and dies.
- Assist with the design and development of new tools and dies to suit product designs and check for lubrication. Will notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Will utilize a full range of machine tools, precision measuring instruments; fixtures, gauges, and hand tools.
- Adhere to company Quality Policy and follow appropriate procedures as documented in the training agreement.
- Expected to follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition utilizing 5S standards.
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Trenton, TN 38382, USA