Assisted Living Licensed Practical Nurse LPN 1st Shift Full Time
Role & Responsibilities:
· Directs activities of nursing staff, assigns and supervises all duties.
· Determines disciplinary action required and maintains proper documentation and counseling of nursing staff.
· Assigns nursing assistant’s break and meal times.
· Supervises medication administration including, but not limited to Medication Administration Record reviews, changes, discontinued meds. Must be able to administer all injections. The Charge Nurse on each shift will be responsible for the proper documentation of MAR’s including refusals and PRN administration.
· Responsible for implementing all physicians’ orders including proper documentation on MAR and ordering of medication.
· Responsible for preparing documentation to accompany residents to medical appointments.· Responsible for implementing physician orders when residents return from the doctor, scheduling transportation and referral appointments and transportation as necessary.
· Responsible for ordering blood work.
· Supervises administration of prescribed diets and fluid intake/output the documentation and notification to physician.
· Assure that the resident care plan is followed.
· Responsible for ordering wound care, blood glucose testing supplies and incontinent supplies.
· Responsible for resident family relations and grievance counseling.
· Responsible for control drug counts and inventory on his/her shift.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of medical terminology.
- Be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- BLS required/ACLS preferred.
- Unencumbered license to practice as an LPN/LVN, inaccordance with the laws of the state
- Experience in a long-term care or assisted living nursing facility preferred
Great Benefit Package!!
Friendship offers a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. We offer the choice of two medical plans, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, EAP, Life & AD&D, Tuition Assistance and additional voluntary benefit options.
Friendship values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, color, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hershberger Rd NW, Roanoke, VA, USA