We are proud to announce that Family Farm and Home is a family owned and operated company based out of Michigan. Our first stores opened their doors in April 2002. Currently we operate 60 retail locations (41 in Michigan, 14 in Ohio, 3 in Indiana, 1 in Maryland & 1 in Pennsylvania) . We cater to our customers' needs by supplying a wide variety of products in departments such as tools, hardware, automotive, pet, work and casual clothing, footwear, farm supplies, horse and livestock feed, bird food, lawn and garden, and alternative heating.
Here at Family Farm and Home, our outstanding team members are dedicated to providing incredible product values and exceptional customer service to all customers. Because of this commitment, Family Farm and Home has experienced rapid growth on all levels. Our continued growth in the future is limitless due to our devoted staff and constantly growing group of loyal customers. Are YOU ready to join the FFH Family?
The primary responsibility of a Family Farm and Home manager trainee is to learn the company’s culture by consistently supporting and strengthening the basic philosophies of the company. A manager trainee must have strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and supervise team members. The manager trainee will learn merchandising, shrink control and operational aspects of the store. A successful manager trainee will be knowledgeable of the local market, customer base, seasonal opportunities, competitors and other specifics of the local market that may influence the business. A manager trainee is a role model, a leader, problem-solver, and strategic thinker, who is required to manage her/his time to achieve budgeted goals.
Manager trainees will be responsible for learning how to properly operate a store within six months to 12 months. Trainees must then be willing and able to relocate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to:
- Promote Family Farm and Home mission statement and family values.
- Promote an aggressive sales culture with an intense focus on superior customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a highly motivated team by hiring, coaching, counseling, disciplining and firing of team members; planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results.
- Maintains professionalism and positive store morale.
- Responsible for execution and performance of all store job responsibilities through his/her key associates and/or his or her own actions.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning team members; following up on work results.
- Provides feedback to the office, i.e., buyers, district managers and all other company officials.
- Full profit and loss accountability for individual store locations.
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting in the preparation of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Establishes relationships and supports local community groups consistent with company values.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Responsible for managing and protecting all inventory and company assets in accordance with company policy against theft and damage.
- Verifies merchandise is received, stored and merchandised in all departments according to established operational and safety procedures.
- Protects employees and customers and maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements and providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Helps determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains consistent operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or company official.
Manager Trainee Requirements:
A successful manager trainee must demonstrate excellent leadership and problem solving skills. They will be able to manage with limited supervision. Manager trainees need to have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors and other associates. It is necessary they be comfortable in the hiring and firing of team members. A successful manager trainee needs to understand aggressive customer service and be team-oriented. They will have good management and organizational skills. Additionally, it is necessary they understand and interpret data presented in statistical or numerical form and be able to use it effectively in assessing and coordinating the merchandise and operational aspects of the store operations. They need to be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Manager trainees must be able to stand for extended periods of time. They are required to be able to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store. They must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs. Finally, they will be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
At Family Farm and Home it is our mission to build a family dedicated to providing exceptional service, products, and prices, focused on fulfilling the lifestyle needs of our customers who aspire to live, work, and grown like we do.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- 1392 S Main St, Adrian, MI 49221, USA