We are proud to announce that Family Farm and Home is a family owned and operated company based out of Michigan. Our first stores opened their doors in April 2002. Currently we operate 60 retail locations (41 in Michigan, 14 in Ohio, 3 in Indiana, 1 in Maryland & 1 in Pennsylvania) . We cater to our customers' needs by supplying a wide variety of products in departments such as tools, hardware, automotive, pet, work and casual clothing, footwear, farm supplies, horse and livestock feed, bird food, lawn and garden, and alternative heating.
Here at Family Farm and Home, our outstanding team members are dedicated to providing incredible product values and exceptional customer service to all customers. Because of this commitment, Family Farm and Home has experienced rapid growth on all levels. Our continued growth in the future is limitless due to our devoted staff and constantly growing group of loyal customers. Are YOU ready to join the FFH Family?
The receiver at Family Farm and Home is accountable for the verification and processing of incoming/outgoing freight. The receiver is responsible for inventory accuracy and assisting the store manager in maintaining low shrink. The receiver will also ensure merchandise is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Include but are not limited to:
- Promote Family Farm and Home mission statement and family values.
- Receive and sort shipment using the proper receiving procedures
- Operate a fork lift and/or pallet jack safely and efficiently with proper licensing
- Separate Special Orders from delivery and process according to store policy
- Tag all required items with security tags (if applicable)
- Establish and maintain strict organization standards in the backroom
- Ensure all inbound merchandise is checked in per store procedures
- Maintain organized and accurate files for all paperwork related to the backroom
- Oversee the proper procedures for all inter-store transfers
- Process all damage claims according to store policy and maintain related paperwork
- Follow up on all damage claims and returns in a timely manner
- Assist with stocking freight
- Answer customer service phone calls
- Maintain all backroom tools and supplies as necessary
- Ensure proper rotation of perishable product, ie. feeds, pet food
- Control and Maintain cleanliness of backroom and outside of store
- Maintain compliance with company policies and achieve standards to meet audits
- Contributes to a positive working environment for all team members.
- All other duties as assigned by store management or company official.
A successful Family Farm and Home receiver must have good oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors and other associates in person and on the telephone. The receiver must be customer service oriented and team oriented. They will need to have excellent organizational skills and be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. A successful receiver must be able to distinguish between similar products, accurately count product and input data accurately into the store inventory control system. Receivers must have knowledge of basic computer systems. They must be able to stand for extended periods of time as well as be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50lbs, handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas.
At Family Farm and Home it is our mission to build a family dedicated to providing exceptional service, products, and prices, focused on fulfilling the lifestyle needs of our customers who aspire to live, work, and grown like we do.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Part Time
- 1539 Potomac Ave, Hagerstown, MD 21742, USA