Support CNA’s research efforts by providing reference services and instruction, providing interlibrary loan services, and maintaining collections. To support the technological advancement of existing library services and the implementation of new library services.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Reference: Provide ready and in-depth reference services to support CNA research efforts and business operations using a variety of public and special access resources. Acquire requested materials to support analysts’ research efforts. Provide direct research support by accessing specialized information portals, answering complex questions, compiling bibliographies, locating difficult-to-find documents, attending project meetings, and being informed about CNA’s research directions.
2. Interlibrary loan: Search the OCLC WorldCat database and other resources to borrow and lend materials in support of research. Ensure that the Library conforms to industry standards for copyright borrowing issues and interlibrary loan record retention.
3. Content/knowledge management and information systems support: Update and maintain the Library’s information systems and dissemination portals, such as Sharepoint and LibGuides. Contribute to the implementation and support of library related applications.
4. Instruction and outreach: Provide instruction on library resources to Library users through a variety of training activities such as one-on-one tutorials, Brown Bags, and web-delivered instruction. Participate in Library and Knowledge Center outreach activities.
5. Collection maintenance: Contribute to developing and maintaining special print and electronic collections. Catalog and process new titles into the Library’s automated system. Check in new journal issues and collect journal usage data. Make collection recommendations based on patron trends gathered from reference and ILL interactions. Maintain the organization of Library materials in the Library.
6. Proactively expand professional knowledge of information resources, trends, and electronic information resources. Develop and maintain expertise in resources relevant to CNA’s core research areas.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
2. Experience: Must have a minimum of five years of experience in professional information services. Experience with the Department of Defense (DOD), with other government agencies, or in a university setting preferred.
3. Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers and research colleagues; ability to develop relationships with libraries throughout the FFRDC and DoD community. Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to employ good judgment and operate independently in routine tasks. Must have strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office software; skill in searching both commercial and DoD databases; ability to design web content; familiarity with library OPACs, OCLC, and how the products interact. Must be able to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance. Must support CNA’s Respectful Workplace efforts.
- Job Family Information Management
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America