Research Specialist - Public Health & Epidemiology (Part-Time)
Support project and other corporate needs including through (1) collecting, processing, vetting, and analyzing pertinent data for further use and/or (2) conducting technical assistance activities such as planning and organizing meetings and seminars, and/or (3) supporting the process of developing and submitting proposals through collecting and organizing resumes, past performance reports, and corporate capabilities.
Job Duties and/or Responsibilities
1. Apply standard research methodologies to gather, process, and analyze data. Use relevant database software to effectively organize and present data and generate reports. Demonstrate facility at the intermediate level with Microsoft Office and other standard CNA software packages to accomplish primary duties.
2. Develop a basic familiarity with the missions and organizational structure of the division or team's major client/sponsors.
3. Participate in meetings with project team. Support preparation for client/sponsor interactions. Identify client/sponsor POC for their projects.
4. Develop a sufficient understanding or expertise on specific tasks, issues or data so as to make a positive contribution to project outcomes.
5. Develop basic knowledge about CNA, its organization, key personnel and personalities, and relevant CNA standard operating procedures (SOPs), to include basic knowledge of CNA business environment. Understand the concepts of core, above core, and above ceiling/ domestic. Have basic awareness of the project development process.
6. Possess the skills necessary to communicate information concisely, precisely, and in a grammatically correct manner in oral and written communication. Present and summarize data effectively.
7. Work under close supervision on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Tracks personal project spending.
8. Exhibit a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues, clients/sponsors, and staff. Take initiative offering assistance when opportunities arise.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, related field or equivalent experience required.
2. Experience: Minimum 0 years relevant experience required. Experience in field epidemiology/ infectious disease outbreak investigation and modeling preferred.
3. Skills: Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office; database management; good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America