Responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of meetings, conferences, seminars, and special events for CNA, DoD, and other customers at CNA’s headquarters facility and off-site at other venues as necessary. Ensure successful meetings and events through detailed communication and coordination of all services and amenities, such as catering, room set-up, audiovisual, etc.
1. Schedule and coordinate day-to-day meetings, conferences, seminars, and other events at CNA’s headquarters conference center and other meeting rooms as assigned. Assist end users with room reservations. In coordination with event hosts and administrative staff ensure all meeting details are documented and addressed including supplies and materials, meals/refreshments, A/V requirements, conference room set-up, attendance list, security requirements, and all other meeting requirements. Provide ongoing status updates to event hosts and administrative staff.
2. Ensure rooms are set-up day of event. Receive catering deliveries and set-up food and beverage services to include making coffee, icing down drinks, and other items typically provided in-house. Make sure room is cleaned up after conference or event and assist with clean up as necessary.
3. Work with vendors to order and receive supplies and services for food, beverages, linens, supplies, equipment, and other necessary items. Reconcile and prepare invoices for approval and payment. Solve catering/billing problems and ensure accounts are current.
4. Help maintain the conference center and other meeting rooms. Ensure rooms are clean and in working order. Report maintenance issues to the appropriate teams.
5. Be proficient in the use of corporate event/conference scheduling software and assist end users with its use as necessary.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in hospitality, conference support, event coordination or related function.
3. Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize workload. Detail and results oriented. Strong customer service focus. Ability to work under pressure and address emergent issues. Physical: Must be able to lift maximum of 20 pounds. Must be able to push/pull, load/unload carts containing food and other catering items.
4. Other: Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate support for early morning, evening, and occasional weekend events. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Job Family Facilities
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Pay Type Hourly
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America