Prometric is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to work as part of a Global Systems Engineering Team. He/She will be tasked with building, maintaining and securing of portfolio of cloud-based and on-premises server infrastructure. Systems Engineer as part of top-notch talented team will ensure highest levels of availability, performance and security of Prometric compute infrastructure in Production, Testing and Development environments.
Systems Engineer will take direction from the Systems Engineering Manager and other senior team members for day-to-day task assignments.
Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Troubleshoot systems to include hardware, software, and applications utilizing standard Microsoft and open source toolsets.
Install, configure, maintain and administer Windows Server 2008-2019 in a large production environment both locally and remotely.
Prepare written and visual/schematic documentation as required to satisfy documentation standards.
Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure stability and availability
Communicate effectively with team members, co-workers and outside representatives
Execute ongoing procedures for upgrades to servers, applications and networks, inclusive of patching and configuration changes necessary for server hardening.
Help evaluate new/existing technologies and manage implementation of new technologies and operational procedures.
Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies
Administer cloud infrastructure through cloud consoles
Deploy custom in-house developed software in test and production environments manually or via programmatic means/tools
Analyze and provide constructive feedback on performance, resilience and availability of applications and systems
Consistently and successfully provide 2nd and 3rd level support
Provide on call support after standard business hours and be available for weekend software deployments into the production environment.
- Perform other duties as defined by the Manager of Systems Engineering and or Senior Team Lead
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPIERENCE
- Knowledge of CISCO UCS servers and Pure storage hardware (or other major Intel server manufacturer/Flash Stack) to include Disk Fault Tolerance, Network Configuration, System Configuration Utilities.
- Working knowledge of data center operations, network operations, network management, network protocols, infrastructure design and implementation, client/server architectures and application security.
- Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies
- Existing experience with system and network administration, configuration, best security practices, and configuration standards as they apply to IT security.
- Solid understanding of enterprise authentication systems Microsoft and/or others
- Minimum 3 years experience in the IT field supporting Windows systems.
- 4 year degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Systems Administrator’s Experience with RHEL 6/7 preferred
- MCTS/MCITP/MCSA in Windows Server
- 1-3 years cloud infrastructure and/or service(s) administration experience (AWS, MS Azure, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience installing and configuring and tuning of Open Source and/or Big Data technologies.
- Understanding of load-balancing methodologies and/or experience with administration of load-balancing appliances, F5 BigIP-LTM, ASM and/or AMP is preferred.
- Demonstrate experience in performing the duties and responsibilities identified above.
- Solid understanding of multi-tier system architecture components
- Understanding of Development Life Cycle for and strategies for deployment of applications in Testing and Production environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong adherence to and understanding of change control process
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player and able to work effectively in a group environment
- Motivated self-starter willing to take on ownership of systems and projects
- Ability and determination to meet predetermined deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland